RE: IML: Drag link modifications - advice?

RE: IML: Drag link modifications - advice?

Kenyon,

OK, shoot me now, but I'm going to make an oil pan suggestion.  If it were
mine, I would clearance the pan so the center link would clear.  Notch the
section of the pan that is interfering and weld in a section of tubing, like
some exhaust pipe that was sliced length wise to fill in the void.  Blast
the pan and paint it to hide the modifications.  Or maybe use a repro Hemi
pan. (I deserve a shot for that last one).

I'll give the modified center link/pitman arm/idler arm ideas some more
thought and check with some of my suspension gurus.  There are many angles
changing there that will effect your steering geometry.  Not necessarily in
a good way.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron