RE: IML: Drag link modifications - advice?

RE: IML: Drag link modifications - advice?

Rob,

Triple bonus points for the idea of the exhaust tubing
insterted into the pan for clearance.

Of course I'd have to saw the hole out, dropping a lot
of funk into the pan in the process, meaning that I'm
back to removing the pan, which I REALLY don't want to
do because I've already disconnected everything twice
to lift the block for the exhaust manifold install and
another error that I won't get into here.  If I have
to remove the pan, I'll put something less aggressive
in - I just don't need the grief and potential on-road
exposure that this thing is shaping up to deliver.  I
knew a guy in the 80's that drove over a crappy
transition where they were doing road-work that
sheared something like this off the car, so I can live
without that.

I took the car out of the garage to put the exhaust on
last night, and bashed the crap out of the pan on both
my in-ground lift, and on the lip of the trailer.
It's beginning to get OLD, and although I was planning
to put a bash-plate on to protect the pan, I'm
starting to think that the grief isn't worth it.
What's an extra few quarts if you're not doing
drag-racing?

Here it is from the front:
http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1972%20coupe/Deep%20Sump.jpg

By the way, here is a picture of what the HP exhaust
manifolds look like installed - I tried them anyway
when I got past my impatience and reverted to
persistence.

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1972%20coupe/Exhaust%20Dump.jpg

It does not show in the photo, but you can't get the
darned thing installed with both the steering AND the
exhaust stud in place.  That's the ND mini-starter in
the foreground that I installed because they work
better and take up maybe 40% of the volume as a stock
unit.

I'm normally pretty stiff about staying stock on my
cars (and this sump is a reminder why), but this car
will be "different", so I'm trying some go-fast stuff
out.

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1972%20coupe/Engine%20-%20Done.jpg

Anyway, I'm one curse session away from just ripping
the thing off and going with stock or shallow or
whatever.  I forgot to put a magnet in there anyway,
so what the hell?

Lastly, here's the $8 repaired steering wheel,  Color
doesn't count, and I'll fill in the space on the
collar and paint it to match the interior, which will
go from avocado to black.

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1972%20coupe/Steering%20Wheel.jpg

-K

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1972%20coupe/steering%20linkage1.jpg