Re: IML: Same eBay Fraudster, Different Car - also AutoTemp

--- Richard Woodside <rwoodside@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's some more Imperial content: for the fellows
> who
> have been discussing the AutoTemp II system on the
> list, please keep posting. I've got two 68 Imps and
> no
> one around here (Toronto area) will even consent to
> look at them. The convertible's AutoTemp system has
> been butchered several times previously, and so I've
> just given up any hope of having heat or a/c. I just
> have to be satisfied with whatever comes in the
> window.

Dick,

The AutoTemp system in your '68 is AutoTemp I, not II.
They are different systems with different servos.
AutoTemp I, to its advantage, does not used the the
same plastic, underhood servo that is the cause of
most AutoTemp II problems.

Fortunately, the AutoTemp I is very well illustrated
and discussed in the 1968 service manual. With some
study, I bet you can get yours going again.

I'm still getting to know AutoTemp I. Mine works, but
makes a rude noise. I'm told that this is caused by
leaky check valves. I hope to get replacements someday
and test that theory!

Best Regards,
Dave Duricy