IML: Automatic Headlight Dimmer

I'm restoring my '62 Crown and would like to know where the best source of information about the auto dimmer can be found. When I got the car it had it installed. However it is not plugged in and I can't seem to find anywhere that it can be. Perhaps only stuck on for show?? I have to admit I did take the dash completely apart when I first got the car and then put it back together all with no manual. I may have just forgotten where it goes.

Thanks,
Dave