From: R.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Speaking of Strange Holes in 1960 Imperials????

Thanks Paul,

I hope you will find out that the access hole is there and that it alllows to change the sender unit without dropping the tank.

Robert
----- Original Message ----- From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:38 PM

I believe that is true. I haven't dug into it yet, but I will be
changing >the tank on my '60 LeBaron this spring. I will know of there is a opening >in the top of the tank corresponding with the hole in the trunk floor, and >let you know.

The '55 I worked on had a opening with a threaded cover in the top of
the > tank under the access cover in the trunk floor. I was able to un-twist > this metal "lid" in the tank, remove the gasket, and lift out the sending > unit. I am thinking that the '60 would be similar.

Some have said that the sending unit can not be accessed without
dropping > the tank, so maybe the hole in the trunk floor is useless. I won't know > until I look.

Paul W.