From: Imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: IML: electroluminescent lighting power supply

My question is could I have done something wrong during my repairs
that > would have caused the power supply to die? I'd hate to get my power supply > repaired only to kill it again because my system had problems. What should > I check for to ensure this does not happen again? I figure testing for > shorts would be a good idea. Any other suggestions?

A short in the wiring could take out the power supply, but mostly likely it is just old. The capacitors in the unit dry out over time and fail... Rebuild it and hope for the best!

 Steve B.