From: luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1960 tank gauge unit

Hi Paul and Jack, I've done the whole sending unit mission and I can tell you the sending unit is no where near the mystery hole. The whole tank needs to be dropped to get at it. All I can speculate is that when the body tools were made in '59 larger tanks were on the plans but smaller ones with the sending unit in a different spot were used in actual production? Apart from this I can't imagine anything under here that would need to be inspected.

Luke
60 Le Baron