From: macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: IML: electroluminescent lighting power supply

Hmmm. That's interesting because what happened was I turned on the lights and the dash flicked on for just a fraction of a second and then went dark. And has stayed dark since despite my repeated cycling of the light switch. I even gave it a few good left and right rotations to exercise the rheostat. Somehow hoping and wishing it would magically begin to work again. Like I said I will be checking out my power supply this weekend. The light switch is in fact new. Thanks.

Dave
1962 Imperial Crown 4 Door (x2)
1957 Buick Roadmaster 75 4 Door

randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:One light can suddenly short out and that is exactly what would happen.
Poof! the system would go dark. I wouldn't write off the power supply
until checking for shorts in the system. The power supply isn't usually
the problem. It can be and so can the headlight switch, but usually not.

One thing to note is that the power supply is mounted in a spot where a
leaky windshield gasket can ruin it. If the power supply is rusty
looking I'd check for leaks before replacing it.

Paul W.