From: "Steve B." <Imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 1959 Lebaron difference over Crown Question?

.I thought the 1959 Lebaron had different rear door and back glass treatment
over other models. The pictures I see show the Lebaron with a smaller rear
window and vent like glass by earch rear door. The exception for this seems
to be the Silvercrest roof.  I have seen images of Lebarons that have a
Silvercrest roof which makes the body style identical to the Crown.
In the 1959 Persian Pink Elizabeth Arden ads the car looks exactly like my
Crown, but with Lebaron script.  I am wondering if there are any true 1959
Lebarons that look identical to the Elizabeth Arden example.  Or perhaps
Persian Pink Crowns were rescripted just for the photo shoot advertisment
for the January 1, 1959 Vogue Magazine?
What are your thoughts?
.

In '59 the rear window wasn't smaller for the LeBaron like it would have
been in later years.  For the side glass treatment you are probably thinking
of the six window version like
http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1959/Brochure/Page07.jpg   this was an available
body style but not LeBaron specific.  The easiest way to tell a LeBaron from
the other models from the outside would be the trim that runs around the top
of the front fenders.  On the LeBaron model that trim continues on to the
driver door while on the other models it stops several inches from the door.
There are differences on interior trim as well such as the wood look panel
behing the door handles.

                Steve B.