IML: oil pressure

Wondering if anyone has ideas on why the oil pressure on my 1972 440 Imperial would fluctuate from 10 psi at idle to 40 psi at highway speeds with a surge in pressure of 10 psi when throttle is lifted. Engine is rebuilt with all new crank bearings and cam bearings and oil pump. Using after market oil pressure gauge. I put a supposedly hi pressure oil pressure relief spring in also(black) but am wondering about it's quality. Engine runs great and no rattles or strange noises.

Robin Giesbrecht
1972 Imperial