Re: IML: Goal not met

The 1959 Imperial is my favorite year and I was fortunate enough to find a nice driver.  It sounds like you are so close to obtaining your goal, and the 50th birthday of your car is easily in sight.  This is my goal too, but then again it is hard and expensive in the process.  My car is a summer cruiser, and all of the admiration that it receives makes the whole process worthwhile and fun.  I am content to have a "conserved" number 3 condition car that I can enjoy without fear.  The fear I mention comes from having a nearly perfect $50,000 car and worrying more than enjoying it driving down the street.

There are not very many of these Imperials on todays roads and we are automotive history in motion when we use our cars.  I would rather have my Southampton Silvercrest than any of the other cars I see at the shows and it will probably always be a work in progress.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster:
http://BarreCity.net
http://HistoryTV.net