Re: IML: Removing a 56 Steering Wheel

Jeff

Bolts is bolts. Find one that fits the threads, measure how long it has to be to work (remember to add some for the threaded in portion) then go to the local hardware store and get you 2 or 3 depending on whether it is 2-bolt or 3-bolt.
--

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)

---- Jeff Cantor <jcantor791@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me with a very specific question. I own
two 56 sedans, one a condition 3 according to the recent set of posts
(I really like those definitions!) and one a condition 6 (read parts
car). On the first, I need to pull the steering wheel to make some
repairs to the turn signal switch and on the second I'd just like to
pull the wheel as one of the many salvageable parts on the car. My
problem is that the standard steering wheel puller I have does not
seem to contain the correct bolts for this operation. The ones that
are long enough to reach into the wheel and still mate with the
puller aren't the right thread and all the rest are too short (and
probably also the wrong thread from what I can tell). Does anyone
know what the correct thread is or can anyone point me towards a
specific brand and model of tool that they KNOW contains same?

Thanks!
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ