Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Goal not met

My restoration project will probably be complete before your updated target date, but overall you will most likely beat me. I bought my 1959 Imperial on July 7, 1967 when I was 19 (for $350). I used it as a daily driver for 5 years and just hung on to it, thinking pretty soon I'll have some time and I'll restore it. Well it took many different storage garages (with accompanying rent payments) over a period of 32 years before I finally got the restoration project in full gear in 2004. I've already experienced the small fortune of the re-chroming along with a multitude of other expenses involved in an off-the-frame restoration. Now my car is mechanically complete, but still waiting (now more than a year) for some final interior components (door panels). Once they are available my car is just weeks away from completion. Hopefully it will be done by July in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of purchasing it.

So don't lose faith. Hang in there and you will get it done! Wishing you Good luck!

Regards,
Charlie Hansen
1959 Imperial LeBaron Southampton (always known as "Old Baron" - but looking real new these days)