IML: rear axle drive shaft removal ?

Hello,

Thanks for adding me to the Chrysler Imperial Club mailing list. I have a question concerning my 1970 Chrysler Imperial Le Baron 2-door hdtp, 440 cu/in. The rear axle makes a strange sound, supposingly being worn drive shaft bearings. I would like to know how to remove the rear axle drive shafts for this specific vehicle? Do I need to open the differential to get access to retaining clamps or can I just pull out the rear drive shaft after removal of wheel,brake drum,brake's and 5x retaining bolts?? I hope someone can give me some info.

Thanks a lot,

Edwin de Bruijn. (The Netherlands).