From: sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1956 Imperial eBay no motor
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:50:15 +0000

Chuck, the new Hemi would be a real nice swap, but the electronics involved could be a real problem. If you're willing to use any engine, then the 360-440 engines would certainly be easer (and cheaper), then the new Hemi. There's a chance the MoPar Performance Guy's, have a system to install the new motors in old cars.I've seen two 70's Challengers, at the WoodWard Dream Cruise, that had new Hemi's. So it can be done, it's just a matter of dollars.Ya'll have a nice day, Dave.

From: chuck milverton <chuck_milverton@xxxxxxxxx>
How hard would it be to put a modern Hemi from a salvaged 300-C or Dodge p/u in this baby?

Reg Carrick <coach_carrick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys,

There is a ?56 imperial about 45 miles from me here in Wv with no motor.
Couple quick questions;
How hard will it be to replace the 354 hemi?
Without too much modification could I drop the more easy to find 392 hemi in?
What the heck is a ?56 with a decent body and no motor worth?

Thanks in advance,
Reggie

1957 Imperial Crown 4dr HT

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.