Re: IML: 1965 electricals

It's definitely a 1965.  I'll check the battery cables, but do remember when I was charging the battery, I had to switch the jumper cables because I was about to put them on backwards from how the lines appeared and I know that would have been a very bad thing.  I believe they are in correctly, the colors of the wires threw me off until I realized that many of the hoses appear red, but when I look underneath, they are black.  The engine area is pretty dusty, coming from New Mexico.

Thanks from the advise.

Timothy
1965 Crown 4-door.

If the battery was hooked up backwards, everything would not be dead,
but several things would go worng, or be damaged. Be sure that the
cable from the block is attached to the negative (-) terminal of the
battery, and that the one attached to the relay is connected to the
positive (+) terminal of the battery. If they are, then they are
properly connected even if they are the wrong color.

If you really mean 1955 instead of 1965. the above information is
incorrect. 1955 Imperials are POSITIVE GROUND.

Paul W.

See what's free at AOL.com.