IML: EPR vs ETR

I converted my 67 Imperial with ATC and the mechanic had removed the valve when the compressor was rebuilt.  Without that valve there is nothing to keep the evaporator from freezing up.  I had him reinstall the the valve and it blows ice cold and does not freeze up.  If the valve is removed you would then need to put something to cycle the compressor on and off like the newer cars.  I would leave the valve in and let the ATC do its job.......which it seems to do very well..