RE: IML: almost moparless car show

This reminds me of my decision to find and buy a '65. A buddy and I take a "Civil War" trip every summer, visiting a battlefield area and spending a few days studying it. We were staying the night in Hagerstown in the late '90's, preparing to visit Antietam, and I spotted a parking lot car show near the hotel. He has zero interest in cars, so I strolled through by myself after supper and found only a couple of Mopars...one was a '64,'5, or '6 Imperial. I'm sorry that I can't remember which for sure. I recall it being a little rough around the edges, missing some trim, and having some primer, but I just kept walking around and around it. I thought about how the '65 was my favorite Imperial, I like the grill best of any along with my preferred rear deck lid treatment (64-65). I realized I could just find a daily driver one, clean it up, and enjoy it whenever I liked...it was liberating! So I did it.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'60 Chrysler Saratoga kustom; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger now 440; '72 Cuda '340