From: Patricia Pruitt <pruittghl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:19 am
Subject: IML: gas types

We are in the throws of working on my ’62 Southhampton Crown.  In the ‘old’ days when we had 50s-60s high compression engines (’56 Plymouth Fury) that were supposed to use on high octane fuel, we always used ‘regular’. We did adjust the timing for that.

 NOW, my query is; can we still use this method or must we buy ‘premium’?  I am not familiar with the changes in the composition of today’s fuels.  Does anyone out there have the facts on this? We do not use ethanol and are not likely to do so in the future.  Would like to hear from those in the know.

Patricia  Pruitt

Bozeman, Montana 59718

pruittghl@xxxxxxx