Re: IML: 950x14 vs. 235/75R14 (1957/1958)

Re: IML: 950x14 vs. 235/75R14 (1957/1958)

you will get lots of responses from both sides, and
this has bbeen debated here pretty aggressively.

I didn't like the radials when I switched to them -
lowered the car, harshened the ride, made the car
corner much better and feel more modern.

If you want a modern ride and handling
characteristics, there's your reason.

Bias is what the suspension was designed for, and it's
part of the old car experience for me.  If you're not
a stickler or originality, that's one way out of that
loop.

Bias also fill the wheel wells and lift the car up to
the correct height, and I like haveing an old car feel
in my old car.

BF Goodrich Silvertowns from Coker have done me fine
for both my 55, 64, and later switched to my 66.

The radials that I tried were on the 63 and 66.

You can get gobs more on this on the club wesite under
 Repair - Wheels Tires

-Kenyon

--- Frederic Mardon <fmardon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm about to change my 20 years old tires (currently
> 950x14), and I was
> wondering whether I should go for radials or stay
> with bias ply. Has someone
> made this conversion, with 235/75R14 radials ? The
> overall diameter is
> smaller with the radials, and I'm also unsure about
> the final aspect (does
> the car look as if it had "small" tires ?). Any
> recommendation or advice is
> welcomed! My rims are 14", so the choice of radials
> is very limited. Any
> pictures showing a 57/58 Imperial with such radials?
>
> Regards,
>
> Frédéric
> 1958 Imperial sedan

> Ten :  Messenger en illimité sur votre mobile !
> http://mobile.live.fr/messenger/ten/

> response will be
> attachments) for the
> Administrators should be sent to