From: webmaster <stephen844@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:21 am
Subject: IML: What is the best oil to use in a 100,000 mile '59 413 ?

I now realize that the problems I have encountered are from changing the oil on my car.  I used a 10w-40w detergent oil and it has gummed up the hydraulic lifters on my car, bending push rods etc.

After having the heads/valves done the culprit was stuck lifters.  In order to not do further damage I will probably use a non-detergent oil which is what was probably there in the first place.  My concern is that keeping a detergent oil inside will only continue to put the grime back into it and cause further problems.

What oil grade should I use for summer driving?  This is the only time I use this car.

Steve Restelli
Webmaster:
http://BarreCity.net   ;;
http://HistoryTV.net   ;;