Re: IML: REMetalized Paint

tdcox <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I used it for, in part. It works beautifully on the stainless trim as well as the pot metal.  I will take some pictures of my door trim behind the door handles and a few other items and post them with my pictures of the car with the 56 Imperials.  I think you will like what you see.  The gold is spectacular from this process.
I can verify that the metalized paint process did an excellent job on Tom's '56.  I saw it at the recent Chattanooga Meet and was very impressed.  Had he not told me, I would never have known that the door trim and such had been painted rather than rechromed.  And even after we had discussed it, I had to look REALLY closely at the parts to tell the difference.

Thanks,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan