Re: IML: 58 - good news, bad news

Well Hugh, hang with it. I have an idea that once your vehicle is squared away its monetary value will have increased significantly, as well as what it will mean to you personally. At least its not the '57 Belevedere in Tulsa! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:06 PM
Subject: IML: 58 - good news, bad news

Well, I saw the 58 Imperial again today. The quote for rebuilding and reinstalling the engine was considerably better and I like the people more, plus they are known among the Mopar community here which is very important. The bad news is the condition of the car has badly deteriorated. There is now a rust hole in the floor at the driver's feet, no doubt from a leak of some kind. The plastic, or whatever it is, on the steering wheel has all but totally flaked off so that's yet another thing to take into consideration. But I feel quite optimistic about the situation, despite the obvious setbacks the car has suffered. I doubt if I have yet even heard the worst but you can't bounce back until you hit the bottom so I think I'm ready. The best news is something I almost blew off at the time. The guy is willing to paint the car as well, for free, providing I provide the paint and do some of the grunt work such as sanding and taping things off. I need to look at the spare front eagle that sits at the front of the hood on my car. The emblem within mine is now shot to pieces but maybe the other one I acquired will be better. If I can find it. It's been a while since I looked much at my stash of spare stuff.

I seem to be getting back into the swing of Imperial and Mopar things after an all too long lay off. I am meeting some old club members this evening. I also heard from an IML member who just moved to San Antonio from California. He has a 57 and a 58 as a parts car. I invited him to join us this evening. As the Beatles once sang, "It's getting better all the time (Can't get much worse.)"

Hugh