From: JIM LORENZEN <jdlpdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 4:03 pm
Subject: Re: IML: clocks in the wheels on '55/'56's

Hi Jack -

There was a feature in Collectible Automobile about a factory fuel injected DeSoto convertible - I think the only one left out of 3, that had the clock in the steering wheel.  If I remember correctly, it had some kind of mounting that kept the clock face from rotating when the wheel was turned - something like the steering wheel hub mounted transmission buttons on the '58 Edsel.  The article mentioned it at some length and the owner bought a complete restored 2dr hdtp just to get the clock!  If I can remember the date of the magazine or find mine I'll send the info to you.

Jim L. in OR
    '60 Crown 4dr Southampton
    '62 Crown 4dr Southampton