IML: Building an Ark for my '62

I live in Grayson County, TX which made the national news with associated floods on Monday this week. Our rains started on Saturday the 16th. with 3 inches (7.62 cm) and then on Monday we had 8.8 inches (22.35 cm) and then this morning we had 1.6 inches (4.06 cm) for a total of 13.4 inches (34.04 cm) to date. There is a creek at the entrance to our property and I constructed my private road. Our house is 1/4 mile from the county road. The creek has gotten over my road three times so far this Spring and is badly damaged. I have a John Deere 5105 tractor with a front end scoop which I used to build the road. I have a pile of gravel that I keep on hand. This time so much damage was done to my road that I will have to wait until things are thoroughly dried out to do any repairs.

I laid down gravel to access a neighbor's road in order to get out late yesterday. Our private road will have to have some modifications made to improve the water flow.

My back-up plan is to start building an Ark. It must house not only my wife and I plus my RV but also the new '07 Dodge pickup and my '62 Imperial. Lets see, just how big would an Ark have to be to house one example of each year of productions Imperials? Or, how about adding the Chrysler, De Soto, Dodge cars and Plymouth from beginning to now?

The '62 Imperial is still high and dry in my barn! Ron was right when he mentioned small garages in Europe. Most modern American homes have garages that an Imperial will not fit into either! When we had our current house built I specified a 24' long garage so I could park my long bed quad cab pickup inside. The Imperial would fit with room to spare.

Joe S.