IML: Hi Performance Dual Carb Engine in an Imperial?

IML: Hi Performance Dual Carb Engine in an Imperial?

I think the dual carburetor 413 cu. in. engine really refers to the Chrysler 300 series, however, the fact that it shows up on an Imperial Broadcast sheet may mean that it was actually available.  The front of the same sheet shows California Highway Patrol options and other police options.  I don't know of any Imperial that was built with those options though.  I would imagine that a Le Baron with all options and Dual AC could have benefited from the extra power though.  Production on Imperials was so slow that you could probably order almost anything you wanted that would fit, especially if it was available on another Chrysler product.

How about it Imperial owners - does anyone have an Imperial with dual carburetors and a Hi Performance 413 or 440?  The high performance engines also had slightly different exhaust manifolds for the 413 and 440.

Joseph W. Strickland
1021 Vaughan Lane
Tioga, TX 76271-2937