From: Phil Courant <phil-57@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:59 pm
Subject: IML: pw steering pump hose for '61

Hi all,
My friend RL Brezout (who has the splendid '61 Shriner convertible) has a lot of problem with his power steering system : after some miles or turns the steering
box looses all the fluid through the bottom !
- The steering box has been replaced and then overhauled with new gaskets,
o-rings etc..
- 4 pumps has been tested. The check valve has been adjusted a lot of time. All with no or limited time effects .. Yesterday the steering box has spit all
the fluid for the tenth time !!

So maybe ther's a problem with the high pressure hose. It has been replaced with a new one but seems that this new hose hasn't the right diameters . On my '57 the hose is a 2 diameters affair, a large at the pumm and a small at the box, the two are equally lenghts. It seems to me that '61 has the same hose. Could
someone check and agree ?

Another question, what is the purpose of this 2 diameters hoses ? And do you
think that it could be the problem ?

Thanks

If you reply privatly please do that at my normal adress accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(that i can't use to send message ...)

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible
Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com
- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ch300imp.com