IML: Charging Question

Gentlemen, I've got a strange charging situation with my 1967 Le Baron.

When the car has been sitting and is cold, a day or two, upon start the alternator needle shows it is charging as it always has, up high after the initial start and then smooths out. While driving it will be move slightly up on the charge side as I use brake lights, turn signals, etc.

Once the car is warm, maybe 20 minute drive, upon a restart, the needle stays center or on the discharge side when using turn signals, a/c, brake lights etc. Lights, including the dash lights, are dimmer. The meter reading at cold start is 13.5 +. Last night I attended a cruise night, 20 minute drive from home -- on the way there all was functioning as normal, coming home, needle was in the center or discharge -- checked it when I got home and the meter showed 12.04 from the battery terminals.

It seems to be once it is warm the situation arises??? Obviously I'm missing something here! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Don Facchini
1967 Le Baron