RE: IML: engine paint colors

My written sources say that the aluminum silver color, Mopar #P4529148, was used from the 40s to early 60s;  most of the early 300 series Hemis and 50s engines blocks were painted with it.  The Golden Lion engines of the late 50s and early 60s and the Golden Commando and Desoto Adventurer engines were painted with gold metallic #P4529149.

Bill
http://www.allaroundmopars.com