From: Rob van der Es <R.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:17 am
Subject: Re: IML: How to line up the steering column jacket of a 60 IMP?

Well, that sound like a real challenge Kenyon !

Anyway, I don't think I will try the crack method, I will stick to a couple of Buds :)

Maybe I should try my first plan, get my dremel out of the box, put a new diamond cutting wheel in it and make a new hole in the jacket that DOES line up with the cam.

You see, I can easily track down that little @$##, it is about half an inch below the original opening in the steering column jacket..

If I unveal the secret I will document it for sure :)

Thanks,

Robert
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenyon Wills" <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:20 PM

There's a black 1960 someplace in Europe with a
defunct cancel cam that I sold 12 years ago.

I will never take a 1960 column apart again unless I
decide to become addicted to crack and consequently
forget about the last time I tried that.

Document your secret if you figure it out or buy a
complete column from Lowell and swap it out.