Re: IML: Miller tools

It's for tightening the power steering belt on a '64 (and probably others). The FSM shows this tool inserted on top of the bracket, and the torque wrench is inserted into the square hole on it (probably 1/2") It doesn't look more complicated than a church key for a can of C-rats, so I can probably make one. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenyon Wills" <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Miller tools

what years does the tool apply to?
what are you using it on?

Most of the later stuff has a square hole for putting
your wratchet wrench or extension into.

There are ways to measure belt tension to check your
handy-work detailed in many of the FSM's is why I ask,
and it hadn't occurred to me to use other than a
wrench or prybar to apply tension and hold it as I
tightened down the pivot point.

-K

--- rexcarter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Well, I no longer have access to the many emails I
have saved with past sight information. I've made an
inquiry to Miller SPX for tool C3832, the power
steering bracket tensioning tool. Has anyone
actually purchased this from them, or anyone else?
Is there an adequate substitue tool or method if
it's not available?

Kenyon Wills