Re: IML: Sway bar on 58

On my 57 they unbolt has u shape top clamp  which clips over bottom plate.no problems in changing sway bushes not sure with 58

wardle65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am currently working on replacing my sway bar rubber bushings on my 58.  I ahve all the rubbers however the FSM says "the sway bar cushions are not serviced separately.  If replacement is necessary, install new sway bar assembly".  On removal of this I have found that there is a welded peice between the rubber bushing and were it clamps down the strut bar.  Has anyone replaced these on a 58 or have you replaced the whole assembly as stated by the FSM.

Regards
Chris Wardle
58 Imp Crown Coupe