IML: Osama bin Laden with a '67 Imperial

IML: Osama bin Laden with a '67 Imperial

Kenyon said:
What became of the Osama Bin Imperial photo?  Is that
someplace on the site?

Not sure! That photo was added to the site by someone other than me (Leslie, maybe?), and was later taken out by someone other than me. But I suppose it ought to go somewhere in the "Oddities" section of the site, eh?

Here's the original black and white newspaper photo, showing the family posing with a '67 Imperial during a trip to Sweden in 1971. Osama is second from the right:
http://www.uni-muenster.de/PeaCon/global-texte/g-notes/osama71.htm

Somewhere along the line, somebody seems to have "colorized" the photo, and that's the version that has been more commonly seen floating around the Internet. For some reason, that person apparently decided that the Imperial should be pink! You can see that version here, along with lots of discussion:
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/2512/P20/

Tim