Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:06 PM
Subject: IML: $ Donations - where we're going with them

I'd like to report good news.

After the last round of donations came in, several
things have happened.

1.  We now have every FSM with the exception of 1992 &
1993.  All but a 3 are scanned, and they are slowly
filtering their way to the website, each one
representing about 10-40+ hours of work by our
dedicated volunteers.

1967 is just around the corner from being posted as I
speak and we should hopefully see it in the next few
weeks.

2.  MTSC:  Out of 308 monthly booklets from 1947-1973,
we are down to about 15 left to go.  This is a major
pet project for the volunteers, and you may be able to
hear us collectively shout on the day that we get the
last one posted.  It's a Big Deal as far as we're
concerned.

You'll likely hear about it, since we've been working
on this for about a decade now.

If you don't know what MTSC is, we have favored it
because it's probably better than the Service Manual
when it comes to explaining "why" and "how" instead of
"what", with each booklet designed to enable the
thinking mechanic to outwit his repair challenges by
applying theory and not just instructions from the
factory.

You can see the FSM and MTSC stuff here:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/index.htm

3.  Other stuff:  We are in the process of possibly
having every year's paint chip chart, owners' manual,
and several other items complete or nearly so across
all years.

4.  Special items - we have a nice item from 1971
covering the Chelsea Proving Grounds, a letter
regarding prospective Ghia Limo Ownership from the
early 1960's, 1962/63 Service Bulletins, 1990's
Dealership Feel-Good Laser-Disc video, Black and White
Movies of various Turbine cars (including one
featuring our own minor Diety, Virgil Exner), more
sales and training filmstrips, as well as some early
1950's catalogs that are true works of the
illustrator's art.

The event that made these items move forward:
Folks stepping up when I made the call for help with
volunteered talent and funding.

If you contributed, please accept the thanks of the
club volunteers and every single person that will ever
look at the information that you enabled to be posted
to the site.

By the way,
If you were short the $5+ that we were fishing for
last time, and want to join in, we can still use your
assistance - see here:

http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/donations.htm

We will now return to the regularly scheduled programming.