Re: IML: California black license plates (Texas)

Re: IML: California black license plates (Texas)

With my luck, I'll have to drive the car to the DMV, have someone come out there and find the word Chrysler on my car.  Because, guess what, the word Chrysler doesn't appear anywhere that I've seen.  The badge on the dashboard says "Imperial Crown," the word Imperial is on the door step, stamped on the front bumper, lettered around the trunk keyhole, etc.  Crown is big as life on the rear roof pillars.  The owner's manual specifically states "Imperial Division, Chrysler Motors Corporation."  Division, to me, means that they build the car but it doesn't carry the Corporate name.  Similar to as you stated, how many Cadillacs are registered as GMC Cadillac or Ford Lincoln?

The other weird thing I have to get fixed is that the title shows it as a 2-door, whereas the car is a 4-door.  That came from the New Mexico title, where I bought the car, and it transferred right into the Illinois title because the lady I talked to wouldn't change anything and I needed plates as I drove the car about 2100 miles back (got lost) with no plates.  I have verified that the VIN is correct for my vehicle, but little else, outside of year model, that matches to what it is.

The other funny thing that happened is that I got a letter from the insurance company shortly after having the car insured stating that my VIN was incomplete.  That took about a 30 minute phone call to straighten out.

I wish people would get these databases complete.  What if I'd purchased a Studebaker or a Nash or an Edsel.  Would they call it a Ford Edsel?  An AMC Nash?  "We can't complete the paperwork because Studebaker doesn't show up in our files."

Luckily I have a Crown as I think Chrysler Corporation made a mistake in using the LeBaron name on another car outside of Imperial.  I've actually seen people on EBay list their Imperial LeBarons under LeBaron instead of Imperial.  When they introduced the LeBaron in, I think 1976 or 1977, couldn't they have used Windsor or Saratoga or Nassau.  It's unfortunate that Chrysler took their top-of-the-line named product and used it for a mid-sized, mid-line car.

Timothy Callaway
1965 Crown 4-door (loaded)

Just remember that a Fury is a PLYMOUTH, not a CHRYSLER.  A
Polara in a DODGE, not a CHRYSLER.  A 1975 LeBaron is an
Imperial, not a CHRYSLER.  HOWEVER, a 1985 LeBaron is a CHRYSLER,
because the Imperial line went bye-bye in 1975.  It is also the
reason that the 80's and 90's Imperial MODELS were coupes and
sedans respectively.  THERE IS a distinction between a MODEL LINE
and the MODELS in that line.  Don't let them tell you that
because the PLYMOUTH MODEL LINE no longer is made that ALL of the
cars which were made under that MODEL LINE name are now just
CHRYSLERS, (For example, the VOYAGER is now a CHRYSLER but many
previous years were made under the PLYMOUTH MODEL LINE.)

Æyn