Re: IML: "Pan" for '66 727 Tranny

In order to stop leaks, also consider a better gasket. If you go to a local Chrysler/Dodge dealership, ask for a 46RH gasket, these fit the 727 but are made of a much better material than the original style gasket. These wont leak and are re-useable. These cost only $15 in Europe, so probably it'll be even cheaper in the USA.

Besides, I dont know how tight your budget is, but a deeper tranny pan with a drainplug is always a good investment, even the $55 pieces. Unless you really awnt to keep everything stock or stock-looking, I'd strongly recommend one.

For example, Mancini sells them:
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/tranpan.html
The drainplug will ease up service in the future, and the added capacity will help the cooling of your ATF (which is ALWAYS a good thing on an automatic transmission).