Re: IML: Thermostats

"Thus, the lower temp thermostat gives a bigger time and temperature
'cushion', in which the cooling system has a chance to catch up"

Hmm, that makes sense to me..
Can one also say then that a lower thermostat can prevent the engine to reach normal operating temp durning short trips (10 mile) ?
That was my experience in the past you see.
Now I have fit the 180 thermostat the engine reach normal operating temp much faster and the heater is giving proper heat now.
Also important with the cold nights we have had this week overhere.

One drawback, my radiator suddenly starts leaking at the lower seam, can it be that the higher temp of the coolant has widen an already bad joint that wasn't leaking when driving with a lower coolant temp?

I poured some Bar's leak into the system this morning, lets see if it helps..
Otherwise I have to find a radiator weld shop :)

Robert