Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: IML: remote ignition cut off switch

If it's carjackers you're worried about the best solution is a large gun.
The next solution would be an electric fuel pump with a cut off switch
that's easy to hit as you exit the vehicle.  The theory being to let the
carjacker take the car but hit the switch as you exit. The thief will only
get a block or two with the fuel in the carburetor bowl.  He will abandon
the car where it dies after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to restart it. Meanwhile, you've had time to run for cover and put distance between him and
you.  If you have fuel injection this solution won't work for you and you
may want to revert back to the first suggested solution.

Ken
67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht