    *From:* HOFCAG@xxxxxxx <mailto:HOFCAG@xxxxxxx>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:51 PM
    *Subject:* IML: seat belts 1958

    Does anyone know if seat belts were available as an option in
    1958?  I know they were in '60 and I read somewhere that belts
    were also an available dealer installed option in 1959, but I'm
    not certain about that.  I recently bought a '58 Crown Southampton
    that has never had seat belts installed.  The car is in great
    shape and has an immaculate, recently restored interior.  But,
    fact is I feel uncomfortable driving w/o seat belts.  Purely a
    safety issue.
I've made the decision to install seat belts, but cannot decide what is most appropriate. Does anyone out there have an opinion? I did locate a set of NOS belts for 1960, but they are gray which
    I don't think would look good with the jade/emerald green
    upholstery.  I am leaning towards ordering green belts in a shade
    that will coordinate with the upholstery, and plain "retro"
    buckles.  Several companies I found on the 'net sell them.  How do
    I know what length to order for the front and back?  I am also
    unsure how to determine the proper installation points.
Keith