IML: Question for mail list

1957 Performance Imperial

Hi guys !

I´ve got a -57 coupe in bad shape. Instead of restoring it I´m thinking
about building
a mild pro-street Imperial.
A few years ago I had a -66 Chevy Caprice which I "hot-rodded" with stiffer
bushings, gas shocks,
discbrakes all around, I rebuilt the rear axle to a  racing type of 4-link
axle. I put in a 4 gear
manual and rebuilt the original 327 to a high revving 400 hp engine.
The results were surprisingly good. The car drove like a sports car and a
could keep up with turbo BMW:s
and curved roads.
Now I want to do something similar with my -57.
Any ideas about the chassis, brakes, stering, gearbox?

Thanks J.Nordman