Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: IML: voltage regulator contacts burning

As I understand, you need to polarize the generator whenever
you replace a battery or generator. This is done by
momentarily jumping with a short piece of wire the field to
the battery terminals on the regulator. If this is not
correct I would ask someone who knows for sure what
terminals to jump momentarily.
Lupe
60 Thunderbird Hard Top
64 Imperial Crown Coupe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Strohmeyer" <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:33 PM

Please for give my ignorance, but across what leads? Exactly
what value is
the capacitor?
Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Wilker" <wilkerbeast01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:05 PM

Try a new filter (capacitor) across the leads.

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Strohmeyer" <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:10 AM
Subject: IML: voltage regulator contacts burning

What would cause this?  They burn a little pointed shard
across them and
they start sticking. I've tried a new regulator and the
same thing. The
alternator was changed recently too.

Thx,
Chris Strohmeyer
67 Imperial Convertible -----------------
http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing
List. Please reply
to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will
be shared with
everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to
http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm