From: Steve B. <Imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 7:12:14 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Edelbrock Carb for My '59

>Hey Everyone.
>My carburetor keeps crapping out on me and I was
>thinking of replacing it with an Edelbrock. But I
>don't know which one I need and what all it takes to
>get it on my '59. Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

I bought the 1411 for my '59 and was very unhappy with it.  If I had to do
it again I would get the 1406.  The 1411 was fine once the car was going..
I just wasn't happy with the effect it had on my low end.  Also be aware
that your factory air cleaner won't fit the Edelbrock.

Not much to swapping it over.  I didn't need anything that didn't come with
it.  Worst part of the whole job was getting switched power to the choke
heater and that was pretty dang easy.

                Steve B.