Re: IML: 1960 torqueflite question

Title: Philippe COURANT
Hi all,
I never checked the fluid from oil cooler lines except when i remove the trans. from the car and i don't remember to have oil flow from them at disassembling.
The cooling oil flow is regulated by the converter valve which is on the right side of trans (upper large nut). http://www.ch300imp.com/images2/chd7.jpg
It's only then converter valve which controls the oil to coller. It'sn very easy to control the coverter valve but on 60 % of the trans i rebuilt the valve was a little hard to move or stuck. To check this you can try to remove it with a 1/8 inch drill after removing nut and spring (beware of the strenght of the spring !!) but itsn't very easy and if it is stuck the only way is to remove the trans and disassemble the front of trans (front pump and regulator valve body)
As usual i can take pics of these parts ..

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) :   http://www.ch300imp.com