Re: IML: 1960 torqueflite In Line Filters

Re: IML: 1960 torqueflite In Line Filters

The in line filter was used only in 1962 and 1963.

This filter is about the size of a soup can and should be easy to spot in the line, about mid way between the transmission and cooler. I have only seen this filter on 1962 and newer. The 1960 model that my parents bought new, doesn't have one, and niether does my '60 LeBaron, or my 1956 with the same transmission. These cars may have not ever had one, or they could have been removed at some point. If they didn't have it, it would make sense that it began in 1962 coinciding with the redesign of the Torqueflite.