IML: Fwd: '56 Crown Imperial - removal of rear wheel hub

IML: Fwd: '56 Crown Imperial - removal of rear wheel hub

--- Begin Message ---

Forgive me if this is covered in the website Repair section but I have been unable to find it.  My 1956 Crown Imperial was giving trouble with the right rear brake sticking to the point I would have to shift back and forth from D1 to Reverse to get the brakes to disengage.  I have it in a repair shop and they cannot get the rear wheel hub to come off the axle.  Any suggestion of how to get it done ?  The car is an unrestored 114,000 mile car and there is some rust. We have tried penetrating oil and the normal hub pullers to no avail.  Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Randy Still
'55 Black Imperial Sedan
'56 Crown Imperial Limo
'64 Imperial Crown Coupe