RE: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

RE: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

Notice it has the 66 grille. Anyone
> know of historical reasons this may be the case?

Ghias were slow to be produced by hand, and some were
delivered awfully late in the year, lagging behind
chrysler's model change by some time, I suspect.

An enterprising owner or someone along the supply
chain likely did a simple swap to magically update the
front end of the car in one fell swoop.  The rear
bumper and wheel covers obviously missed this
transition, since nobody would notice that, I guess.

Guess they didn't dig the retail price or look of the
gold leaf surround on the HL lenses for 1966?  Thought
we were talking serious luxury here!  Probably an
interesting, and now forgotten story there.

Kenyon Wills