RE: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

RE: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

The Ghia-built Imperials took many months to complete, and such they often began life as previous-year models. So it is not unusual that a 1965 model would have 1964 parts. In this case, perhaps the opposite was true: It might have been a model completed later in the run of ten 1965-VIN cars and thus got a few 1966 upgrades.

Of course, being that this car has been restored, it is possible that the wrong year grille was used, or maybe the glass headlight covers were replaced with the wrong ones. But with only 10,000 miles, I doubt that. I would guess it came from Italy in late 1965 with this mix of parts from both model years.

To me the odd part is the lack of wood trim on the front doors (even the door handle grip is trimmed in black vinyl and not Claro Walnut). Didn't even a standard Crown have wood?

Wouldn't mind this under my Christmas tree either!

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon