From: david carpenter <zirc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 5:14 am
Subject: Re: IML: Auto Pilot Color

Paul, I have yet to drive my 59. Is there anything about the Auto Pilot or cruise control that needs to be rebuilt. My car has not be driven in ten years. Regards, David
----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:46 PM

Yours may have come w/black paint, but the majority of them are
aluminum and not painted. My '60, '62, &'63 are factory equipped with
Auto Pilot, and they are all silver color with the red foil label. I
also have purchased multiple units over the years that came off of
Imperials in bone yards. Every one of them is silver-gray w/the red
foil label. There was a linkage design change in '61 or '62, but the
cover remained the same. Units that I've seen in Cadillac's and
Lincoln's appear the same. I have never seen a painted one, but that
doesn't mean there weren't any.

Paul W.