IML: Advertising material question

 Back in August last year, my 62 custom coupe arrived in Australia from LA, when it came out of the container, the first thing I found on the back seat was a large envelope, inside was one of the large sales brochures, the one with the thin tan booklet inside with all the features of the new Imperial for 62, also inside this brochure was a smaller one with the hood eagle emblem on the front cover, but wait for it, inside this brochure was a parchment, ( not paper ), type written letter, at the top is the word Imperial, below this the Imperial eagle and under that is, CHRYSLER CORPORATION, Detroit  31, Michigan, on the left of the page is printed, C. E. Briggs with 'vice presedent' underneath, on the other side of the page is the date, December 1, 1961

Below, the letter starts: Dear Mr. Cook, it then goes on about the enclosed prospectus on the Imperial of 1962, etc, etc, and how it documents the specific examples and features of the new model Imperial.
Further down in the body of the letter it states that Chrysler wishes to provide a 1962 Imperial for the said Mr. Cook, to keep the car for as long as he likes to evaluate and drive it, and to prove to himself how America's most carefully built car 'excels in luxuriousness, performance and sheer driveability'.

At the bottom it says that, "in a few days an Imperial representative will call on him to determine when it will be most convenient to deliver a new Imperial to his home or office". "There's no obligation, of course".
It then says "I wish you an exciting (and revealing) drive.

At the bottom it says,     Cordially, C.E.Briggs and is signed in pale blue ink. ( the signature is hand written with a fountain pen, not printed, obviously by the Vice President of the Chrysler Corporation himself ).

Is this rare ? has anyone ever seen a similar letter ? who were they mainly sent to ? was this common practise by Chrysler. The paper is a parchment with a water mark but it is illegible, anyone know anything about this ?

Thanks for any insight into it, Tony C. Australia. ' 62 coupe.