From: Rob van der Es <r.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:01 am
Subject: Re: IML: 59 413 engine color

You might have a point here Rob!
Same thing crossed my mind, but I was more thinking of breaking the head of the crankshaft bolt..  Leaving the remaining piece of the bolt flush with the crankshaft....oughhhh!!!

Any thoughts, anyone? How is risky is that starter motor trick actually??

Thanks,

Robert
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Kidd" <rlkidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:47 PM

  Sounds easy enough. BUT, what if the bolt was siezed in
the crankshaft tighter than normal and you would shear a
tooth on the starter or the ring gear since the engine
would not normally turn over freely from a dead stop?
Remember, 48+ year old "worn" parts you are dealing with.
I'd try the impact route on the bolt if possible. Rob Kidd
61/65

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:35:32 -0600